Training for trainers
Accrediting your own trainers is the most cost-effective way to offer our most popular workshops within your organisation. You or your in-house trainers will be taught by some of Indigo’s globally recognised Master Trainers, who have been specially authorised to train these programmes to other trainers, to the highest standard. Once successful, you will be authorised to dovetail our award-winning programmes into your training plans, at a fraction of the normal cost.
Our accreditation programmes teach you how to:
- Master the techniques - so you will have the hands-on experience required to understand the needs of your delegates and the challenges they need to solve.
- Perfect your delivery of the workshop - to the high standard expected by your Master Trainer and the global IP holders. Bi-lingual trainers can then deliver the workshop using licensed language variations of the materials.
- Field difficult questions and support your delegates - before, during and after each workshop you deliver.
You can accredit to deliver:
- Edward de Bono's Six Thinking Hats®
- Edward de Bono's Lateral Thinking
- Think on Your Feet®
- Writing Dynamics™
- Indigo Simulations: Stakeholder Engagement™
4 simple steps to trainer accreditation
Our trainer accreditations are fully licenced and delivered in conjunction with the IP holder. We've developed a simple 4 step process, to ensure you get the most value out of the accreditation opportunity.
STEP 1: APPLY
Call us on +44 (0)20 3836 8640 to arrange a meeting with a certification consultant, who will run through the process in detail, the criteria for success and your plans for implementation. They will also ensure that our Trainer Accreditation options are right for you and complete your initial application form with you.
When you apply we will:
- Check if you've already attended the workshop as a delegate. This allows you to see the workshop as any other delegate would - you hear the common questions, objections and delegate feedback first hand. Most importantly though, you get to see a Master Trainer in action, delivering the workshop to the highest level.
- Check that you are happy to deliver the content.
- Review your experience as a trainer.
- Review your plans for the implementation of the workshop in your business.
Your dedicated certification consultant will then liaise with the IP holder to get your application approved and be in touch with you to confirm your accreditation workshop dates.
STEP 2: LEARN
Attending the workshop as a delegate enables you to experience the workshop from a delegate’s perspective and understand the expectations of fellow delegates. Your next step is to learn how to deliver the workshop as a trainer.
Part 1: Attend the accreditation workshop
This intensive workshop will:
- Provide a comprehensive Trainer Manual.
- Explore the theory underlying the content in more detail.
- Allow you to practice the techniques that you will be delivering in a safe environment and allows you to refine practical examples that bring your delivery to life.
- Ensure you understand and can facilitate all aspects of the workshops to deliver with clarity, brevity and impact.
- Support you through any challenges you may have. Providing tips on handling delegates’ questions; giving feedback; and adapting the workshop to meet your delegates’ objectives.
- Provide a detailed feedback report in partnership with your Master Trainer.
- End with a thorough assessment from your Indigo Master Trainer and one-to-one feedback session – for approval to schedule your team teach workshop at your organisation.
Part 2: Team teach your first event
As a part of your accreditation you will be required to team teach your first workshop with your Master Trainer, who will provide individual guidance, feedback and coaching. Upon a successful team teach, you will be signed off and officially accredited to deliver the programme.
If you are successful, you'll:
- Need to sign a trainer agreement.
- Receive a Certificate of Accreditation.
- Be provided with access to our online Accredited Trainer Portal.
If you are not successful your Indigo Master Trainer will provide you with detailed feedback - to help you create an action plan that will bring you up to standard. Your certification consultant will also be in touch to talk about other learning options available to you (additional fees may be incurred).
STEP 3: TEACH
Upon your successful trainer accreditation, team teach and Master Trainer approval, we will work with you to maximise your training opportunities and abilities. It’s our role to support you, keep you up to date and ensure the highest quality delivery in all our workshops. You’ll get:
- Regular updates.
- Access to our online Accredited Trainer Portal.
- Options for further support, including: one-to-one and Master Trainer consultations.
Accredited Trainer Portal - Indigo’s Accredited Portal is where Trainer Portal is where you’ll find all the resources you’ll need to deliver your workshops. You’ll be able to:
- Order licences, workbook language variations and support materials 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Download marketing and support materials to help you support your delegates before, during and post your workshop.
- View and download your agreements, certificates and accreditation documentation.
STEP 4: REFRESH
You need to maintain your status as an Accredited Trainer. Your customers and delegates need to know that they are working with the best trainers with the most up-to-date content and using licensed materials. To ensure quality of delivery and depth, all Accredited Trainers are required to re-accredit every two years. Your certification consultant will be in touch to arrange these sessions with you.
Upon successful re-accreditation you will be issued with an updated accreditation certificate and retain all the Accredited Trainer benefits.