de Bono's Focus on Facilitation™
Evolve and enhance your facilitation skills to deal with the toughest challenges and achieve breakthrough results. Prior attendance on Edward de Bono's Six Thinking Hats® required.
The need for facilitation skills is higher than ever as companies search for specialists who are professionally trained to effectively manage team interactions. However, very few are skilled to deliver the required outcomes - resulting in £000's of cost through time wasted and missed opportunities running ineffective meetings.
Dr. Edward de Bono's facilitation techniques do not scrutinise your delivery process. Instead, using a proven system and providing practical tools, the focus is on the thinking, planning and actions you can take to improve results:
- Supercharging productivity - reducing the time spent planning, creative problem-solving and conducting group thinking sessions, meetings and interactions.
- Confidently taking your skills from facilitator to practitioner - adding more variety to how you expand and distil the thinking needed to encourage collaboration in a proactive way.
- Accomplishing more and reach collective decisions faster - increasing engagement, gaining consensus and buy-in.
Maximise your training budget
Early, multiple booking and charity discounts available, find out more...
"Dealing with complexity is an inefficient and unnecessary waste of time, attention and mental energy. There is never any justification for things being complex when they could be simple." - Dr Edward de Bono.
Who is it for?
The workshop is designed for anyone, no matter what industry sector, who works hard to think collaboratively with a team, needing to get better results out of people. It is also suitable for:
- Established facilitators looking to overhaul their facilitation skills and knowledge.
- Meeting leaders and project managers.
What's it all about?
This workshop shows you how to combine tools from all the core de Bono Thinking Systems® (Lateral Thinking™, Six Thinking Hats® and Simplicity™) to become an expert facilitator for any kind of meeting. Resulting in engaged employees who have accomplished much more - before, during, and after attending the new kind of meetings you will plan and facilitate for them.
This workshop has been designed to develop expert facilitators, trained to work with teams and groups (no matter what level) to resolve your toughest business challenges and achieve new results - through the development of practical tools and multiple coached facilitation practices.
What will you get out of it?
This workshop teaches practical tools that can be used in both face-to-face and virtual interactions. You'll walk away with a facilitator pack of resources that support you when applying these new techniques. You will:
You'll walk away with a facilitator pack of resources that support you when applying these new techniques. You will:
- Be more creative with your facilitation and ensure your participants are creative on-demand.
- Propagate the best from everyone, increasing focus and creating positive engagement. Your participants will attend prepared and will contribute fully when you implement the tools and techniques developed. They will rave about your meetings and the results that come from them.
- Confidently facilitate faster, stronger decisions by considering benefits and risks in a thorough and systematic way.
- Competently track group progress to ensure your interactions remain on time and on focus.
- Ensure nothing is missed, identifying missing information before making a decision.
- Gain a competitive edge and do more with less through creative problem-solving.
- Save everyone's time and reduce stress levels by taking a measured and calm approach, even in a crisis, through improved and more effective planning.
"Education and Innovation are the currency of the 21st century" - President Barack Obama - 4th June 2009 - The Cairo address.
What will your organisation get out of it?
This workshop is adopted by a variety of organisations, the principle or key objectives include the development of team working, problem-solving and idea generation.
The tools learned and practiced throughout the workshop will ensure your organisation gains an expert facilitator, trained to resolve the toughest business challenges and achieve new results. So you can develop optimised resources, a consensus-based culture of decision-making and specialists that can:
- Effectively manage team interactions - face-to-face and virtually.
- Save time and reduce opportunities from ineffective meetings.
Typical workshop content
The workshop includes a mix of teaching and practical exercises. Delegates will work in small groups with continual support from a de Bono certified trainer. Each delegate is supplied with a comprehensive workbook to provide ongoing reinforcement of the techniques developed. With the proficiency gained, you'll have complete confidence in your ability to work with groups as an expert de Bono facilitator.
The workshop includes many useful resources to support you when applying the new techniques:
- Facilitator handbook - comprehensive with invaluable reference points and practical templates.
- Reusable facilitation cards - 'deal' yourself a visual map of the agenda you're planning.
- Practical slide rules - participants can easily call to mind the steps in the de Bono thinking methods.
- Capture cards - for writing, sorting and assessing ideas generated.
- Energy dots - to indicate top priority ideas and to measure buy-in on decisions made.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
Edward de Bono's Focus on Facilitation™ can count towards your CPD recognition with leading professional bodies and trade organisations. You can normally record your attendance in the 'organised learning' or 'self-learning' sections. Please check with your membership organisation for more information.
- More about Edward de Bono.
- Article: Thinking for success.
- Article: Mastering the knowledge with rigorous, dynamic group thinking.
- Article: Getting stronger outputs from innovation.
Our most popular workshops are open to all and are ideal for individuals, smaller groups and those reviewing workshops before wider roll out. Delivered in major cities throughout the UK to small groups.
We are determined to work with public workshop venues that provide the safest possible environment – the latest updates to what we are doing in conjunction with our partners can be found at: https://www.indigobusiness.co.uk/Workshops/calendar/Public-Workshop-Health-And-Safety-For-Delegates
You can reserve a place on this workshop up to £1495pp + VAT.
15-17 September 2021
Our in-house delivery option gives you the flexibility to train teams, groups and departments. Also reducing delegate travel, training cost and environmental impact - as we train at your choice of location, in the UK or internationally. Options for tailoring content are available.
In-house workshops typically result in a 50% cost saving per delegate, when compared to our open public workshops. Prices quoted are based on 15 delegates per standard event.
Delegate places are available at from £885pp + VAT.