de Bono's Focus on Facilitation™
Transform your facilitation skills, confidently manage team interactions and gain consensus from groups. Prior attendance on Edward de Bono's Six Thinking Hats® required.
Evolve and enhance your facilitation skills to deal with the toughest challenges and achieve breakthrough results.
Dr. Edward de Bono's facilitation techniques do not scrutinise your delivery process. Instead, using a proven system, the focus is on the thinking, planning and actions you can take to improve results:
- Reducing the time spent planning, creative problem-solving and conducting group thinking sessions, meetings and interactions.
- Drilling down into the thinking needed to encourage collaboration.
- Increasing engagement, gaining consensus and buy-in - faster!
"Dealing with complexity is an inefficient and unnecessary waste of time, attention and mental energy. There is never any justification for things being complex when they could be simple." - Dr Edward de Bono.
Who is it for?
The workshop is designed for anyone, no matter what industry sector, who works hard to think collaboratively with a team, needing to get better results out of people.
- It is also suitable for established facilitators looking to overhaul their facilitation skills and knowledge.
- You will need to have attended Dr. Edward de Bono's Six Thinking Hats® workshop.
What's it all about
The need for facilitation skills is higher than ever as companies search for specialists who are professionally trained to effectively manage team interactions. However, very few are skilled to deliver the required outcomes - resulting in £000's of cost through time wasted and missed opportunities running ineffective meetings.
This workshop has been designed to develop expert facilitators, trained to work with teams and groups (no matter what level) to resolve your toughest business challenges and achieve new results - through the development of practical tools and multiple coached facilitation practices. It includes many useful resources to support when applying the new techniques, including:
- A complete facilitator handbook (we call it the facilitator's bible!)
- An exercise book to collect all the tips you get and thinking you do during the workshop.
- Facilitation cards to 'deal' yourself a visual map of the agenda you're planning.
- Table mats that engage your meeting participants in tracking group progress.
- Slide rules so participants can easily call to mind the steps in the de Bono thinking methods.
- Capture cards for writing, sorting and assessing ideas generated.
- Energy dots to indicate top priority ideas and to measure buy-in on decisions made.
What will you get out of it?
This workshop teaches practical tools. You'll walk away with a facilitator pack of resources that support you when applying these new techniques. You will also benefit from:
- Increased focus and creating positive engagement where everyone plays a part in a successful result.
- Faster, stronger decisions.
- Gaining a competitive edge and doing more with less through creative problem-solving.
- Saving everyone's time and reducing stress levels through improved and more effective planning.
"Education and Innovation are the currency of the 21st century" - President Barack Obama - 4th June 2009 - The Cairo address.
What will your organisation get out of it?
This workshop is adopted by a variety of organisations, the principle or key objectives include the development of team working, problem-solving and idea generation. The tools learned and practiced throughout the workshop will ensure your organisation gains an expert facilitator, trained to resolve the toughest business challenges and achieve new results. So you can develop optimised resources, a consensus-based culture of decision-making and specialists that can:
- Effectively manage team interactions.
- Save time and reduce opportunities from ineffective meetings.
Typical workshop content
This workshop shows you how to combine tools from all the core de Bono thinking systems(Lateral Thinking™, Six Thinking Hats® and Direct Attention Thinking Tools™ (DATT), and Simplicity™) to become an expert facilitator for any kind of meeting. Resulting in engaged employees who have accomplished much more - before, during, and after attending the new kind of meetings you will plan and facilitate for them.
The workshop includes a mix of teaching and practical exercises. Participants will work in small groups with continual support from the trainer, who has been certified by Dr de Bono for delivery. Each delegate is supplied with a comprehensive workbook to provide ongoing reinforcement of the techniques learnt. With the proficiency gained, you'll have complete confidence in your ability to work with groups as an expert de Bono facilitator. Participants will show up prepared and will contribute fully when you employ all your new tools and techniques. They will rave about your meetings and the results that come from them.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
Edward de Bono's Focus on Facilitation™ can count towards your CPD recognition with leading professional bodies and trade organisations. You can normally record your attendance in the 'organised learning' or 'self-learning' sections. Please check with your membership organisation for more information.
Open workshop dates
Indigo workshops help you harness improvement and innovation to deliver tangible benefits to your business. Our workshops can be combined to provide a total solution for your company – bringing real improvements to every step of the business process.
You can reserve a place on this course for £1495pp + VAT.
28-30 November 2017
An in-house workshop is ideal for training teams and departments. They are the easiest way of training many delegates, making the most of your budget and reducing the need for costly delegate travel. In-house workshops typically result in a 50% saving per delegate cost, when compared to our open workshops.
Delegate places are available at £885pp + VAT.