Can't get things done because you're time poor and resource lean? Learn how to maximise your time and do more with less by understanding the fundamentals of project management.
Understand the fundamentals of project management and gain a practical, widely applicable framework*. In easy common-sense steps this workshop:
- Introduces project management, cutting through the terminology, providing an insight into common pitfalls.
- Provides a taster of practical project management techniques that can be used with all methodologies.
- Examines how managing yourself (time management) is the foundation to managing others (stakeholder management).
This is day one of our popular two-day Project Management Survival Guide™ workshop, we recommend taking either the full two-day programme (for the complete project management toolkit). Options for customising delivery and content are available through our in-house delivery option.
Who is it for?
Practical Projects™ is ideal for organisations and individuals that are unable to take two days out of the office - but who want to understand the fundamental elements of project management. The principles and skills taught are perfect for anyone who has to do more with less - including:
- Operational managers and staff with a portfolio of small multiple projects, in addition to their day job.
- Those new to project management or those who have had no formal training.
What’s it all about?
This fast-moving, interactive one-day workshop covers the basics of project management. It provides a practical, proven and widely applicable framework delivered in easy, common-sense steps. The workshop focuses on getting your project started in the right way - providing you with helpful processes and tools to use on your projects, as soon as you are back at work.
We look at cutting through the project jargon and getting to the tips and tools that really add value. We examine how managing yourself is the foundation to managing others and how this can still be achieved when the “others” are senior to you or your peers.
What will you get out of it?
If you are venturing into starting working in project management, this workshop:
- Supports you towards managing projects more effectively.
- Reduces confusion by cutting through the jargon.
- Ensures you can add value with a range of practical tips and tools.
- Helps you manage your time effectively.
- Introduces you to stakeholder management and how to get the most from your stakeholders.
The workshop is delivered by experienced Project Managers. All our consultants have many years experience both as trainers and facilitators AND as project practitioners. You'll gain an overview of the whole project process and learn some of the most useful and user-friendly project management techniques available.
Typical workshop content
- Introductions, objectives and an outline of the workshop.
- Jargon busting.
- The eight steps to project success.
- Managing Your own time.
- Managing multiple projects.
- Simulation – working on a project as a team.
- Debrief of the simulation – what did you learn?
- Troubleshooting on your projects.
- Review and close.
Duration and delivery methods available
Public workshop - open to all:
- As a 1 day online learning workshop.
- Flexible options to deliver your workshop face-to-face, online or a mix of the two.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
It counts towards your CPD recognition with leading professional bodies or trade organisations. You can normally record your attendance in the 'organised learning' or 'self-learning' sections. Please check with your membership organisation for more information.
Our most popular workshops are open to all and are ideal for individuals, smaller groups and those reviewing workshops before wider roll out. Delivered in major cities throughout the UK to small groups and online through our virtual learning plaforms.
- Face-to-face classroom workshops - provide the best in-depth and exercise-packed experience. They are delivered between 9am and 5pm. Our venues are all located close to major public transport hubs. Delegates will receive a printed workbook and peripherals.
We are determined to work with public workshop venues that provide the safest possible environment – the latest updates to what we are doing in conjunction with our partners can be found at: https://www.indigobusiness.co.uk/Workshops/calendar/Public-Workshop-Health-And-Safety-For-Delegates
- Virtual learning sessions (0900-1700 UK Time) - highly interactive online modular delivery, using the Zoom platform (free to download and use at www.zoom.us/meetings). You will require access to a PC/Mac/tablet and internet connection, you will require a webcam, speakers/headphones and to enable your microphone, or you can simply dial in on your phone.
The format will be similar to face-to-face classroom workshops, we always cover a core programme. It is delivered using interactive group learning sessions, lots of practice, group and individual feedback and 1-2-1 trainer coaching. We combine this with screen and document sharing, polls, interactive whiteboards and breakout rooms. Delegates are given access to a downloadable/self-printable workbook and exercises templates. Printed workbooks are available at additional cost.
You can reserve a place on this workshop at up to £485pp + VAT.
5 September 2024
Our in-house delivery option gives you the flexibility to train teams, groups and departments. Reducing delegate travel, training cost (significant saving when compared to our open public workshops) and environmental impact - as we train at your choice of location or online, in the UK or internationally. Options for tailoring content are available.
Prices quoted are based on 12 delegates per event, we can accommodate up to 20 delegates for an additional fee:
- Face-to-face classroom workshops - delegates receive a printed workbook/materials.
- Virtual learning sessions - delivered as highly interactive modular sessions using our Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Webex platforms or your own. Virtual workshops require access to a PC/Mac/tablet and internet connection, a webcam, speakers/headphones and enabled microphone, or attendees can simply dial in on their phone.
The format will be similar to face-to-face classroom workshops, we always cover a core programme. It is delivered using interactive group learning sessions, lots of practice, group and individual feedback and 1-2-1 trainer coaching. We combine this with screen and document sharing, polls, interactive whiteboards and breakout rooms. Delegates receive access to an online workbook/materials that can be viewed online, downloaded to a portable device or printed. Printed workbooks are available at additional cost.
Delegate places are available at from £330 pp + VAT*.