The Complete Presenter™
The three day presentation masterclass that teaches you the tools to tackle formal and informal communication.
COMMUNICATION IS EASY - RIGHT? Everyone communicates everyday. You speak on the phone, in meetings and in presentations. As you become more senior in your organisation, you are asked to deliver more presentations, which are more significant and to bigger audiences. Communication is easy - right?
WRONG - Bad communication is the single biggest block to career progression and effective leadership. If you can't get your message across with clarity, brevity and impact - chances are you will simply not be a good leader.
The reality is that communication is often viewed as a "soft skill". A semi-important skill everyone assumes they have and spend little time improving. And yet, why is it that top leaders and heads of industry can communicate effectively on demand, every time? Simple answer - they have been trained.
How this Workshop will help
Indigo has developed this three day Masterclass in Presentation Skills that combines the Think On Your Feet® & Skilled PresenterTM workshops. You will learn the tools from globally proven communication techniques that focus on both formal and informal communication.
In three content-filled days Indigo's Master Trainers will teach you the tools to tackle formal and informal communication skills, using;
- Informal Communication - for meaningful, persuasive, small-scale interactions that enable you to speak clearly and spontaneously in demanding situations. You will quickly learn the tools you can use in 1:2:1 conversations, interviews and informal department presentations. This part of the seminar will cover content from the Think on Your Feet® communication techniques.
- Formal Communication - for when you need to 'take to the stage' and communicate to an important audience or on a larger scale to demonstrate your charismatic leadership skills. Presenting to large audiences is consistently rated as THE most feared career moment - yet it need not be so stressful. This part of the workshop will cover content from The Skilled Presenter™.
Delegates learn, practise and reinforce these vital communication skills as they apply them through a range of practical excersises. The techniques enable delegates to use structured thinking and clear language when communicating, both informally and formally.
What makes The Complete Presenter different is that, we bring together the core of Indigo's presentation skills workshops in one skilfully woven event that condenses four days of training in three. We do this by interlinking the different techniques to provide one complete, total solution.
Workshop Outline: Module 1 - Day One
Thinking, structure and clear communication
- Clear speaking is clear thinking
- Structuring ideas simply and persuasively
- Techniques to package persuasion
Getting to the point and being remembered
- Using 3-part plans to focus communication and display analysis
- Providing your listeners with simple, memorable, unifying ideas
- Relying on structured reasoning to answer questions
Organising Information in chronological order
- Organising topics in terms of time
- Handy fall-back whenever you're caught off guard
- Explaining step-by-step processes clearly
Using geography and places as your organising framework
- Achieving instant, visual impact
- Supporting big topics
Dividing information into well-defined facets or aspects
- Conveying thoughtfulness and fair-mindedness
- Addressing questions in terms of different viewpoints
Handling questions quickly and coherently
- Answering questions when under fire
- Buying time to think
- Clarifying the question
- Reframing to move forward
Broadening or narrowing your listener's perspective
- Avoiding direct confrontation
- Handling sensitive or confidential information
- Countering sweeping generalisations
Analysing topics in terms of two extremes leading to a compromise
- Dealing with controversial topics
- Looking for the middle-ground
- Displacing extreme viewpoints
Presenting proposals, new products or services
- Showing advantages to the listener
- Distinguishing benefits from features
Workshop Outline: Module 1 - Day 2
- Review of Day 1
- Reviewing the plans and bridging
- Practising the skills
Applying the Skills
- When you have no time to prepare
- Review bridging
- Building speed
- Speaking when "on the spot"
- Outlining a brief presentation
When you have a little time
- Making what you have to say relevant
- Developing the above presentation for a specific audience
- Deliver the presentation
When you have plenty of time
- Creating an audience focussed presentation
- The "7 Question Game"
- Combining plans
- The 3 + 1 format
Fleshing-out Your Ideas
- Adding examples for memorable explanations
- Using analogies familiar to your listener
- Showing dramatic contrast through opposites and extremes
- Showing reasons clearly
- Using "Who, What, When, Where, Why" To Tell a Story
- Plan and present a formal presentation
Module 2 - Day 3
- Review Module 1
- Practice and rehearsal essentials
- The importance of rehearsal
- Speed talking
- Eye contact
- Creating rapport with your audience
- Guidelines for comfortable eye contact
- The importance of authentic gestures
- Developing a "home" position
- Adjusting for audience size
Stance and movement
- Creating confidence
- Avoiding distractions
- Moving with a purpose
- Speed, variation and modulation
- Reducing speech errors
- Projecting without strain
Prepare and rehearse a formal presentation
- Graphics and visual aids
- Using slides to support your presentation
- Guidelines for impact visuals
- Tables, charts and graphs
At the end of the workshop all delegates will be asked to:
Prepare visuals for presentation
- Deliver presentations
- Review learning, next steps and close module.
Who should attend?
This workshop is ideal for anyone who presents to small groups, large audiences, or to the press and media. You will receive plenty of practice and hear evaluations about your delivery from our instructor and other participants. Other groups who will benefit include:
- Anyone concerned about communications - including senior executives, managers, sales and marketing professionals, technical specialists, financial analysts, public affairs experts, and training professionals.
- Anyone who needs to be clear - convincing and memorable when speaking to others.
- Anyone who doesn't relish the idea of speaking in public - dealing with difficult questions, or being put on the spot.
- Anyone who needs to demonstrate good leadership qualities - to convince and persuade others, to be seen and acknowledged as a leader.
- Anyone who is pressed for time. This three day workshop has been re-designed. Delegates would normally spend four days learning the tools featured in the Think on Your Feet® and The Skilled Presenter™ workshops which are core to the Communication Masterclass.
- Anyone who is looking to make their training budget work harder. The cost for this combined workshop dramatically reduces the cost of attending these workshops seperately.
An in-house workshop is ideal for training teams and departments. They are the easiest way of training many delegates, making the most of your budget and reducing the need for costly delegate travel. In-house workshops typically result in a 50% saving per delegate cost, when compared to our open workshops.
Delegate places are available at £1,035pp + VAT.