TRAINER ACCREDITATION: Six Thinking Hats®
Now you can deliver Edward de Bono's world-renowned 'hats' by becoming an officially accredited trainer. Online and face-to-face accreditation available.
The Six Thinking Hats® technique has been adopted in many leading organisations around the globe and, with a history of proven success, it has become an essential business tool to ensure that thinking and decision-making are effective both in output and in time.
The power and immediate adaptability of the Six Thinking Hats® method within teams means that many companies find they have dramatically shorter meetings (up to 75% time saving) with far more constructive outcomes. This method is now rapidly being taken up by organisations as diverse as Du Pont, IBM, NASA, Prudential, The National Audit Office, The Department for Education and Skills, NTT, Statoil, Shell and JP Morgan.
Edward de Bono's Six Thinking Hats® is a simple yet powerful tool that will change the way your organisation thinks by teaching essential creative problem-solving skills vital to corporate survival in a rapidly changing world. The technique enables those trained to:
- Lead shorter, more productive meetings.
- Look at decisions and problems systematically.
- Generate more and better ideas.
- Improve team results.
- Reduce conflict.
You'll learn to shift your thinking (and other people's) from negative to positive, and from emotional reactions to facts within seconds. Using this process, you'll reduce adversarial thinking and encourage clearer, more effective co-operative idea development.
By far the most cost-effective method for guaranteeing the implementation of the de Bono tools throughout an organisation is to train your own corporate trainers. Then you can deliver de Bono's Thinking Tools to as many staff as appropriate.
After this initial Trainer Accreditation, the trainer simply orders workbooks from Indigo on a volume discount basis. In addition to this, the trainer receives constant updates about developments from the international trainer network that de Bono has created.
Each accredited trainer is required to buy Six Thinking Hats® licensed workbooks (printed or digital) on completion of their accreditation. To support the introduction of the Six Thinking Hats® system, Indigo offers cumulative discounts for the purchase of licensed workbooks. Discounts are calculated per company, so if more than one trainer is trained they all contribute to one discount scheme.
Accreditation process outline
Each candidate must be nominated by their organisation and approved by Indigo. Once you've attended the Six Thinking Hats® workshop as a delegate, the accreditation process follows these simple steps:
STEP 1 - Apply. We'll run through the process in detail, ensuring our trainer accreditation options are right for you. Candidates will be required to provide information about their training background, levels of experience and educational attainment. Once approved, each candidate will be required to sign Trainer Accreditation Agreements with the IP holder and Indigo.
STEP 2 - Learn. Attend the accreditation workshop and team teach (extra charges may apply) your first event.
STEP 3 - Teach. Upon successful trainer accreditation, team teach and Master Trainer approval, we will work with you to maximise your training opportunities and abilities. It's our role to support you, keep you up-to-date and ensure the highest quality delivery in all our workshops.
STEP 4 - Refresh. Your customers and delegates need to know that they are working with the best trainers with the most up-to-date content and using licensed materials. To ensure quality of delivery and depth, you are required to re-accredit every two years.
Fees include the training delivered by an Accredited Master Trainer, full instructor manuals and all other necessary training materials.
Who should attend?
Candidates will be established training professionals with a track record of delivering effective development at all levels.
Our trainer accreditations are fully licenced and delivered in conjunction with the IP holder. You will need to have attended the workshop as a delegate. This allows you to see the workshop as any other delegate would - you hear the common questions, objections and delegate feedback first hand.
Delivered to small groups:
- Face-to-face in the UK - delivered between 9am and 5pm. Our venues are all located close to major public transport hubs. Delegates will receive a printed trainer manual.
We are determined to work with public workshop venues that provide the safest possible environment – the latest updates to what we are doing in conjunction with our partners can be found at: https://www.indigobusiness.co.uk/Workshops/calendar/Public-Workshop-Health-And-Safety-For-Delegates
- Online - we deliver using Zoom (free to download and use at www.zoom.us/meetings) and Microsoft Teams. You will require access to a PC/Mac/tablet and internet connection, you will require a webcam, speakers/headphones and to enable your microphone, or you can simply dial in on your phone. Delegates are given 24 months access to an online trainer manual that can be used interactively. Printed trainer manuals are available at additional cost.
You can reserve a place on this workshop at from £3,350pp + VAT.
14-15 March 2024
6-7 June 2024
Zoom (0900-1700 UK)
Accrediting your own trainers is the most cost-effective way to offer our most popular workshops within your organisation or to your clients. You or your in-house trainers will be taught by some of Indigo’s globally recognised Master Trainers, who have been specially authorised to train these programmes to other trainers, to the highest standard. Reaccreditation is required every two years.
This delivery option gives you the flexibility to train teams, groups and departments:
- Face-to-face - delegates will receive a printed trainer manual.
- Virtual accreditation - we deliver using Zoom (free to download and use at www.zoom.us/meetings), Microsoft Teams and Webex platforms or your own. You will require access to a PC/Mac/tablet and internet connection, you will require a webcam, speakers/headphones and to enable your microphone, or you can simply dial in on your phone. Delegates are given 24 months access to an online trainer manual that can be used interactively. Printed trainer manuals are available at additional cost.
Delegate places are available at from £3,350pp + VAT.