Think on Your Feet®
Ensure your ideas are understood and remembered with Think on Your Feet®, the verbal communication programme that emphasises structure. It provides techniques and strategies that help you to analyse, organise and present your ideas with clarity, brevity and impact.
The complete verbal communication programme - Think on Your Feet® provides techniques to speak spontaneously with clarity, brevity and impact. The Think on Your Feet® approach emphasises structure when communicating. It ensures your ideas will be understood and remembered.
- Respond confidently and concisely in all formal, informal and ad-hoc situations, especially when caught on-the-spot or under pressure!
- Explain complex ideas and handle tough questions by condensing your thoughts, simplifying information and avoiding listener overload.
Maximise your training budget
Early, multiple booking and charity discounts available, find out more...
"As soon as you move one step up your company hierarchy, your effectiveness depends on your ability to reach others through the spoken or written word." - Peter Drucker
Duration and delivery methods available
We are also able to train your trainers with our trainer accreditation programme for corporate and individual trainers.
Think on Your Feet® blends traditional reasoning techniques with the latest skills in verbal communication. You will learn how structured thinking turns nervousness into energy. You learn the art and science of speaking convincingly and confidently, without relying on notes.
By concentrating on what is in your listener’s mind, Think on Your Feet® gives you a simple, handy system for making a lot more sense to a lot more people.
"The highest compliment I can give to Think on Your Feet® is that the programme is still as fresh in my mind today as if it was the day after the training. Participants throughout our firm tell me the same is true for them. The programme's distinctive competence is built around three equally important facets-structure, simplicity, and creativity." - Robert H. Dean, Former Chief Learning Officer, Grant Thornton, USA.
Whether you are addressing one person or fifty, Think on Your Feet® provides the techniques to focus in on issues, organise ideas and speed up preparation and response time. Typical situations include:
- Answering questions on the spot.
- Communicating with staff.
- Briefing management or clients.
- Handling the media.
- Getting your ideas across at a meeting.
- Explaining complex information clearly.
- Giving evidence.
- Selling a product or service.
- Promoting your organisation or yourself.
By focusing on an individual’s ability to think quickly and clearly, Think on Your Feet® dramatically improves oral communication skills.
"Think on Your Feet® dramatically improves your ability to quickly organize your thoughts before responding to questions. A great workshop for anybody who has to deliver information to clients, at meetings or in presentations." - Barb Baker, Director of In-Flight Training and Development, Northwest Airlines
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Answer questions quickly and coherently, especially when under fire.
- Structure ideas simply and persuasively.
- Ten organisational structures to focus communication.
- Flesh-out ideas with memorable examples.
- Avoid common communication traps.
- Handle objections positively.
- Deal with hostile situations.
- Use “bridging” strategies to clarify questions, defuse issues and buy time.
- Anticipate questions and prepare answers.
- Use techniques to identify listeners’ hopes, fears and background knowledge.
- Use simple, jargon-free language that listeners can understand.
- Turn nervousness into energy.
- Separate topics clearly using transitions.
- Organise ideas while talking.
Above all, GET TO THE POINT AND BE REMEMBERED.
The Think on Your Feet® workshop begins with quick coherent thinking—the bedrock of communication—and ends with dramatically sharpening skills to speak more convincingly. The workshop provides all-purpose strategies for organising your ideas, and shows how to match your message to your audience.
We always cover a core programme, together with lots of practice and feedback.
Who should attend?
Think on Your Feet® is designed for anyone who:
- Is concerned about communications, including senior executives, managers, sales and marketing professionals, technical specialists, financial analysts, public affairs experts, and training professionals.
- Needs to be clear, convincing and memorable when speaking to others.
- Doesn’t relish the idea of speaking in public, dealing with difficult questions, or being put on the spot.
- Needs to demonstrate good leadership qualities, to convince and persuade others, to be seen and acknowledged as a leader.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
Think on Your Feet® can count towards your CPD recognition with leading professional associations and trade organisations. You can normally record your attendance in the 'organised learning' or 'self-learning' sections. Please check with your membership organisation for more information.
In addition to this, Think on Your Feet® qualifies for Personal Development Units (PDUs) towards your PMP:
Registered by Mcluhan & Davies Communications inc. Code 3785. Professional development units per workshop: 13 units - PMP®/PgMP
*Indigo Business Services Ltd are authorised distributors for McLuhan & Davies Communications inc
- The (ugly) truth about workplace communication (infographic).
- Verbal communication top tips.
- Selling your ideas: cutting through the noise.
- Selling your ideas: stakeholder communication.
- Handling a difficult stakeholder - top tips.
Open workshop dates
Indigo workshops help you harness improvement and innovation to deliver tangible benefits to your business. Our workshops can be combined to provide a total solution for your company – bringing real improvements to every step of the business process.
You can reserve a place on this course for £875pp + VAT.
6-7 March 2018
14-15 March 2018
1-2 May 2018
An in-house workshop is ideal for training teams and departments. They are the easiest way of training many delegates, making the most of your budget and reducing the need for costly delegate travel. In-house workshops typically result in a 50% saving per delegate cost, when compared to our open workshops.
Delegate places are available at £460pp + VAT.
Maximise your training budget
Book a public Think on Your Feet® early and save 5% - book online, 61 or more days from the start of the workshop, and get an automatic 5% early booking discount.
UK Charity discount - if you are a registered UK charity you can gain 15% discount off any of our UK open public workshops.
Up to 50% off with in-house workshops:
When you have six or more delegates, In-house workshops typically result in a 50% saving per delegate when compared to our open workshops. You can also save on travel and hotel costs if delivered at your premises.